Saturday, January 12, 2008

It's All Very Grand, You See...

Today, I watched the sun come up while riding in a taxi. We drove into the heart of Dublin while listening to Johnny Cash's cover of "Personal Jesus."

Now I'm sitting in the common room of my new flat. None of my mates are here yet, but the excitement of being in Ireland is raging.

Coming soon: pictures and actual tales (all to be done post-nap).

4 comments:

Nina said...

yay! hope your flight went well--were you able to sleep? Did you end up in a single or double?

Rebecca said...

Double, but my roommate is pretty cool. I didn't sleep, but I did watch The Bourne Ultimatum, eat meat n' potatoes, and read Portnoy's Complaint, which I would not recommend doing anywhere in a confined and/or quiet public place. You will laugh out loud so much, it will disturb others. And then you will feel embarrassed, but ultimately sad that you cannot share the feelings of pure joy that book brings.

Anonymous said...

Watching The Bourne Ultimatum is always good. Glad that you got there safely and are settling in.

Rebecca said...

I actually didn't like The Bourne Ultimatum all that much. Pretty standard action fare. Except when he drove the car off the roof and the guy said, "Uh, he just drove his car off the roof." Laughed pretty hard at that one.